Blessing Box outside the church
take what you need,
give what you can
An Eagle Scount project that continues to give to the community and through the community!
Interested in donating items? Here are a few tips to make sure your donation is as helpful as possible:
- Choose non-perishable items that have long shelf lives.
- Select items that don’t require refrigeration or special preparation and that could be easily eaten by a homeless person or someone residing in a hotel.
- Consider items that are high in nutritional value, such as canned and dried fruits, vegetables, beans, and whole grains.
- Donate unopened, unexpired products with clear expiration dates
- Include convenience items that don’t need heating or cooling, such as granola bars, crackers, and nuts
- Include hygiene items such as toothpaste, soap, shampoo, tampons, pads, wipes, and diapers
- Consider donating pet food and supplies.
- Donate items in their original packaging, as it is more sanitary and helps prevent contamination.
- Only donate items for a blessing box that are in sealed pouches or containers. Pasta and oatmeal in cardboard containers can become moist and moldy.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, volunteers got out the sewing machines and began to sew free face masks for anybody who needed one. Masks were given out to organizations, doctor's offices, shelters, and neighbors.
Trinity is home to many community organizations and groups. These are just a few: